Markey Group is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, then it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
1.1 Since May 25, 2018, any company that operates within the EU is required to meet certain obligations under the EU General Data Protection Regulations.
1.2 Markey Group and associated companies, which include Premiere, Markey Construction, Markey Building Services and Student Digs (“we” or “the Group”) have reviewed our existing policies, standards and guidance (and implemented new policies where appropriate) to ensure that we have appropriate controls and safeguards in place to protect all Personal Data that we use.
1.3 We are committed to ensuring that all Personal Data that we hold is processed fairly and lawfully; kept up to date and accurate; adequately secured and protected; collected expressly for legitimate purposes; and kept in such a way as to allow data subjects to exercise their rights.
1.4 This policy (together with our terms and conditions and any other documents referred to in it) sets out the lawful bases for which any Personal Data we collect from you, or you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your Personal Data and how we will treat it.
2.1 Personal Data means any information that relates to and can be used to identify you, including data that can be used to contact you.
2.2 Data Controller means the organisation who (either alone or jointly in common with other organisations) determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any personal data is, or is to be, processed.
3. Our Role under GDPR
3.1 Under GDPR, Markey Group is a Data Controller of the Personal Data that it gathers on its Customers. Customers can be individual customers, business customers or customers of our business customers. All references to ‘you’ or ‘your’ relate to all three of these categories, unless explicitly stated.
4. What Personal Data do we collect about you?
4.1 We collect Personal Data about you when you engage with us regarding our products and/or services. The following list provides examples of the Personal Data we collect:
• Information about who you are, e.g. name, address, contact details, company details
• Information connected to your product, service or order with us, e.g. bank details
• Information about your contact with us, e.g. meetings, telephone calls, emails, letters
• Information if you visit one of our offices, e.g. visual images collected via closed circuit television (CCTV)
• Details of your visits to our website(s) including, but not limited to, information you provide when you make payment through our site(s), requests for brochures/information, traffic data, location data, clickstream to, through and from our site(s) (including date and time), length of visits to certain pages, the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise, and the resources that you access.
• Information provided to us by third parties about you, including information from our third-party payment processing providers, business partners, analytics providers and search information providers. Please read those third parties’ terms carefully.
5. Where we collect your information
5.1 We may collect your Personal Data from a number of different sources. Examples of these sources are:
• From an application form for a product or service
• Telephone conversations with us
• Correspondence with us
• Meetings with one of our employees
• Online services such as websites or social media
5.2 If you are a tenant who receives Premiere’s product(s) or services, the Personal Data we collect and use will most likely have been provided by your local housing association or local authority on your behalf.
6. Why do we need to collect and use your Personal Data?
6.1 The primary lawful basis that we use for the processing of your Personal Data is for the performance of our contract with you or steps you have requested we take before entering into a contract.
6.2 We may also process Personal Data where it is in our legitimate interest to do so, such as providing you with additional information about similar products and/or services to those which you have received from us or enquired about in the past, or we believe may be of interest to you based on your business activity.
6.3 Should we wish to process your Personal Data in a way that does not fit either of the above lawful basis, we will always seek your explicit consent before doing so.
7. Who might we share your information with?
7.1 We may share your Personal Data (collected about you or supplied by you) with any company within the Group, but only where it is necessary for the performance of our contract or where we have a legitimate interest to do so.
7.2 We may also share your Personal Data with selected third parties, such as subcontractors who we use to deliver our product(s) and/or services to you in the most effective manner.
7.3 Where third parties are involved in processing your data, we ensure that your Personal Data is passed to them securely and that we are satisfied with their GDPR compliance as either a Data Processor or joint Data Controller.
8. How long do we keep hold of your information?
8.1 We will keep your Personal Data to provide you with our products or services whilst you a customer. We will take reasonable steps to keep your Personal Data up to date throughout our relationship.
8.2 We may also keep your Personal Data after your cease being a customer, but only where we have a legitimate interest for doing so. The length of time we keep your Personal Data on this basis will vary depending on the product/service provided and the nature of our relationship.
8.3 You have the right to request deletion of your Personal Data. We’ll comply with any requests of this nature, subject to the basis of our legitimate interest as noted above.
9. How can I access the information you hold about me?
9.1 You have a right to request a copy of the information we hold about you. If you’d like a copy of some or all of the Personal Data, please email or write to us using the contact details below:
GDPR Data Controller, Q1 Quadrant Distribution Centre, Hardwicke, Gloucester, GL2 2RN
10.1 We use our legitimate interest to send existing and prospect business customers information about our products and services that we believe is also in your interest to receive.
10.2 For personal customers, we will only send marketing information if you have consented to receive it.
10.3 For both business and personal customers, you have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes. All our marketing communications have an unsubscribe or opt-out option. Alternatively, you can contact us by email or post using the details in section 9 of this policy.
11. What can you do if you are unhappy with how your Personal Data is processed?
11.1 You have a right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority for data protection. In the UK this is:
Information Commissioner’s Office
0303 123 1113